- How do I create a league?
- How do I run a league that I created in a previous season?
- I'm a new player, how do I join a league?
- I am a returning player, how do I join a league I've been in before?
- How can I leave a league?
- How can I remove someone from my league?
- What are League Achievements?
- Why have League Achievements?
- Why did my mini-league (or country league) disappear from the listings when the season started?
How do I create a league?
To set up a mini-league you need to register with Reality F1 and then log in. You need to create a team for the coming season and then you can set up a league. From within the main player admin page (the page you see by default after logging in) you can then select 'My leagues' and then 'Create a league'. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I run a league that I created in a previous season?
Assuming you have registered, logged in and created a team, you need to visit 'My leagues' in the player admin area. You will see a list of leagues for which you are the owner. By following the edit link for a league you can then set it up for the current season.
I'm a new player, how do I join a league?
To join a league you must have registered with Reality F1 and created a team for this season. The league owner will send you a link to visit to join the league and if you visit this whilst logged in then you will join the league. Alternatively, the league owner may send you an invitation code for the league. To join using this code you need to log in, visit 'My leagues' and select 'Join a league'.
I am a returning player, how do I join a league I've been in before?
When you create a new team you will automatically be joined to any leagues that you have been a member of in previous seasons. This will happen automatically if the league has already been created or if, after you've created your team, the league owner sets up the league. However, the league owner can exclude any players from their league.
How can I leave a league?
You need to log in and go to 'My leagues'. From the list of leagues you are a member of find the league you want to leave and select 'Leave'.
How can I remove someone from my league?
You need to log in and go to 'My leagues'. Select 'edit' for the relevant league. From the edit screen de-select the player you want to remove. The player will remain in the historic membership of the league so you can add them again later if you so wish.
What are League Achievements?
League Achievements are small awards/badges given to players within a mini-league. The badges don't affect your championship points and just highlight a certain sequences of results or events the player achieved in the league. For example, a player going from last place to first place will be awarded the "Canadian Button" award.
There are five 'known' and three secret achievements to unlock. When the secret badges are awarded to a player in your league a description will also appear on the league page to explain the achievement. None of the achievements can be awarded until the second race of the season (at the earliest).
The five 'known' awards are:
- The Finger - awarded to the player who spends the most races in first place in the league. The award can be awarded from the fourth race onwards and can move between players during the course of the season. A player needs to have been in first place more than once to be eligible for the award. In the event of a tie, both players get the award. Named after the now infamous Vettel finger.
- Bertaggia - awarded to the player who spends the most races in last place. The award award can be awarded from the fourth race onwards and can move between players during the course of the season. Named after Enrico Bertaggia who was slowest in all six pre-qualifying sessions he took part in during the 1989 season. A player needs to have been in last place more than once to be eligible for the award. In the event of a tie, both players get the award.
- Keke - awarded to any player who spends half (or more) of the races in a season in the top two positions of the league. The earliest race this can be awarded is the fifth race of the season. Named after Keke Rosberg whose consistency (finishing just once outside the top five in 11 finishes) during the 1982 season won him the championship, and because moustaches make nice icons.
- Slippery surface - awarded to any player who moves from first place to last place in the league. This doesn't have to be in a single race and, once awarded, the player keeps the badge even if they move off the bottom again.
Why have League Achievements?
It's just a bit of fun. Many players set up mini-leagues with friends and colleagues and being awarded achievements/badges generates more competition and banter. Surely there's nothing better than announcing on a Monday morning: "I've taken 'The Finger' from Dave in accounts"? ... well, maybe there is but, as I said, it's just for fun.
Why did my mini-league (or country league) disappear from the listings when the season started?
Only leagues with three or more members are listed in the league competitions. Players can join at any point so, if your league has fewer than three members, you should invite some other friends to play.